MidBoss’ GaymerX • Year 4 (GX4) — an event created to celebrate diversity in games — is ready to host gamers from all walks of life starting this Friday, Sept. 30, at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California.
Tickets are still available online: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaymerx-year-four-gx4-tickets-20100576365
Attendees can also buy tickets at the door :)
Centered around three main attractions — talks, special events, and gaming rooms — there’s something at GX4 regardless of your race, gender, or orientation:
- Join iconic speakers such as Tim Cain (Obsidian) and David Gaider (Beamdog) as they tackle some of the most significant issues facing the game industry.
- Explore the expo hall where major studios and small indies will showcase their games.
- Stop by the dedicated tabletop room where you can enjoy hundreds of hand-picked board games.
- Rock out at concerts featuring chiptune legends Aethernaut and Steffeny Messinger
- And so much more!
Microsoft will be giving away two limited edition Xbox One S consoles — as a prize for the Cosplay Pageant, and as a raffle for all attendees!
GaymerX puts safety and comfort first so that every event can be an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends — without having to worry about negative experiences. There are even designated safe spaces that are open all weekend for gamers who need to take a moment and recharge their batteries.
Matt Conn (CEO of MidBoss and founder of GaymerX):
“This is the fourth year we’ve been able to host GaymerX — and it’s because our community makes it possible. We want everyone to know that they are welcome here. If you have a love of games, then there’s a place for you at GaymerX.”
GX4 will take place Sept. 30 – Oct. 2, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California. Attendees can buy tickets online or at the door — but hurry, because supplies are limited!
- Talks and panels: Industry legends come together to discuss fun (or serious!) topics and share stories.
- Parties and special events: Meet new people, rock out, play games, or watch a cool show!
- Expo hall: AAA developers and indies are sharing their wares at G4X. Come for the tantalizing preview of games currently in development and stay for the obligatory swag :)
- MAGFest arcade: Play tons of arcade games (for free, of course)!
- Games galore: Join the creators of board, card and tabletop games in unforgettable sessions taking place throughout the weekend.
- “Accessibility in Gaming” – Mark Barlet (AbleGamers)
- “Things Got Better: 35 Years of Industry Changes” – Tim Cain (Obsidian)
- “Butts in Gaming: The Art of Characterization” – Laura Kate Dale (Let’s Play Video Games)
- “Fans vs. Creators: Is There a Better Way?” – Katherine Cross (Gamasutra), Donna Prior (Green Ronin), Crystal Frasier (Paizo), Tanya DePass (I Need Diverse Games) , and David Gaider (Beamdog)
- “Finding Identity in Gaming Community” – Raine Scott (IGDA LGBTQ SIG / TransAwesome)
The full GX4 schedule can be found here: https://gx4.sched.org/
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
GX4 tickets are available online:
Three-day passes are $65 and include access to all events.
VIP Passes are $145 and include a free GaymerX • Year Four VIP T-shirt, VIP Badge/Dedicated Registration Line, VIP goodie bag, and access to the Thursday Night Boss party (with two drink tickets) — and more perks to come! There are only 9 VIP passes left, so buy yours today!
Those wishing to become special Boss-Level Donors can do so for $500. In addition to a GaymerX • Year Four Boss Ticket, this package includes a metal Donor Badge, access to the Donor Lounge (with coffee and snacks), and a special donor lunch with founders and Bosses of Honor on Sunday! Names of all Boss-Level Donors will appear in the Backer HOF on the back of the program and top of the website’s Thank You page. There are only 5 Boss-Level Donor tickets left!
CONFERENCE ASSETS (Logos & Photos)
GaymerX seeks to make gaming safer and more inclusive to marginalized people — especially those in the gender and sexuality spectrum. This is accomplished in three fundamental ways:
1. Making Progress Fun: Gaming, socializing, and partying can be effective avenues to drive inclusiveness and conflict resolution.
2. Creating Better Practices: We start with rules and enforcement but believe in the power of helpful guidelines and tools for people to interact with one another. Exposure to rarely discussed social concepts and issues, helping attendees relate, and empathizing with one another are key tenets of GaymerX.
3. GaymerX Convention: A physical space where people can meet and interact as they would at a mainstream gaming event — but 100% free to be who they are. When you know that the event’s audience, volunteers, staff, vendors and guests are all supportive of your identity and are open to discuss anything, a very special atmosphere of comfort and inclusiveness takes form — and this is the magic of GaymerX!
For more information, please visit http://gaymerx.com.
MidBoss is a game and media production studio headquartered in San Francisco, California. In addition to GaymerX, the studio’s projects include acclaimed documentary, Gaming in Color — and the cyberpunk point and click adventure game, Read Only Memories. For more information about MidBoss, please visit http://midboss.com.
- Fan Expo acquires several Wizard World Events
- Successful conventions held during COVID
- Eight guests at Walker Stalker Atlanta Cancelled
- Hentai Con in California Cancelled
- Wizard World to perform Reverse Stock Split to Increase Share Price
- Walker Stalker Nashville Cancellation may be an industry issue
- A-Kon acquired by outside investor, moves venues
- Anime Midwest gets Youtube stars.
- MAPPA is going to Chicago
- FLOW to Appear at ANISONG WORLD MATSURI at Otakon
- GaymerX Year 4 set to shake things up in Santa Clara this weekend
- Sci-Fi Scarborough welcomes Torchwood star
- New York City anime convention announces first six guests.
- Adventure Time and Steven Universe at Anime Midwest
- Otakon kicks off with Otakon Matsuri
- Ways for Comic Con to improve
- MomoCon 2014 Review
- Adventures at Dragon Con 2014